Seven Day Meat Keeper

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those with loaded guns, and those who dig... ...You dig, my friend.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monroe Township, Ohio

"...Everybody is somebody else's stupid."

Monday, April 25, 2005

The Devil Took the Moonshine and the Mountain Boy That Day...

So I got to thinking about crime and money. We all know crime doesn't pay these days. You can't embezzle shit. The feds are always one step ahead of you when it comes to e-crime. No counterfeiting, hacking, breaking, entering, eco-terrorism, or identity theft is safe from dang prosecution nowadays.
But what about bootlegging?
No, I don't mean buying bottles of Lafite out the back door of the winery and trying to turn a buck. I mean back hills, down home, boot scootin', Cannonball Runnin', Thunder Road bootleggin'!!
Who the hell really makes hooch out in a still in the barn just to rumble it across fuckin' Hatfield's Gulch and through Pine Tar Hollow in a rusty '56 Chrysler? Nobody, that's who...
So I think the future of crime is, well, Devo.
Ya gotta commit crimes that are so far out of date, so long past relevant, and generally not recognized as valid forms of criminal activity now. You could probably bootleg top-grade rotgut with impunity. Right past flippin' city hall all day.
In fact, come to think of it maybe the future would be a 'micro-hoochery'. Imagine small-batch firewater aged gracefully in hills cut into a Smoky Mountain cliffside. Imagine packin' up the back of old pappy's Nash Rambler with wooden boxes and gettin' ready to haul yer 8000 pound deathtrap across gravel backroads, hick'ry dotted hilltops, and random hillbilly junctions for midnight jollies at the backwater speakeasy with forties whores and sassy flappers galore.
Or did I just ruin my new retirement plan cuz I can't keep my trap shut...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home