Seven Day Meat Keeper

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those with loaded guns, and those who dig... ...You dig, my friend.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monroe Township, Ohio

"...Everybody is somebody else's stupid."

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Inaugural Post: Blastin' Bolton

I have to raise a strenuous objection to the nomination of Michael Bolton as the US Ambassador to the United Nations. I mean, simply because a man possesses a soulful, mellow, slightly scratchy voice does not a diplomat make. For heck's sake, this is the guy who wrote and sang classics like 'Forever Isn't Long Enough' and 'You Don't Want Me Bad Enough'.
Now I know that this handsomely pony-tailed
chanteur looks like the ideal foil to the likes of Wang Guang Ya of China and Iran's Javad Zarif, but one must dig deeper. Rumors abound that Bolton is abusive to his bandmates and touring staff, and that he feels the need to micromanage every aspect of his performance. Do we really need an ambassador whose songs toe such a hard line between brute stubbornness and downright ornery defiance? From the Nihilist dirge that is 'How Am I Supposed to Live Without You' to the horrifically offensive 'Said I Loved You, But I Lied' this Bolton character manages to offend and repel any remaining allies the United States may have.
The mantra for the United States these days should be DON'T PISS ANYBODY OFF! And with all due respect Michael Bolton, you truly piss people off. You are a danger to the country and to the modern world. Your flippant ways could very well make a vengeful monster out of even the most debonair statesman. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a man like you, Mr. Bolton who might just cause the demise of humanity. You and George W. Bush, of course...

And how does Bolton respond to this?


"Why me, why me, why me, why me
Help me understand just what you've done to me
'Cause I'm the richest man that I could ever be
Tell me why, tell me why, baby"

Honestly, is this the man we can trust with his finger on the button? I encourage you to call or write your state Senators and ask them to vote NO for the appointment of Michael Bolton as Ambassador to the UN...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home