Seven Day Meat Keeper

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those with loaded guns, and those who dig... ...You dig, my friend.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monroe Township, Ohio

"...Everybody is somebody else's stupid."

Friday, September 30, 2005

From Coe to Conneaut

Got a new dog.
She's a huntin' dog, baby. Now mind you, we are vegetarian for the most part and we definitely don't hunt, but this dog sure will! She took out one of our chickens pronto, and then stood there with a dead chicken in her mouth not knowing what to do...

Menudo

We found this purebred German Shorthaired Pointer roaming around our country neighborhood and like the nice guy I am, I sent my Pitbull mix, Skunk-a-Doodle, outside to show this roaming dog a thing or two about just who runs the neighborhood.
Much to my surprise, old Skunk not only didn't attack this dog, but she kind of adopted this dog.
So we figured since the old Skank liked her enough, we'd keep her.

Based on the fact that this young female looks to have already had a litter of pups and she's not housetrained and she has callouses on her elbows from laying in a cage constantly, we figure she's an escapee from a puppy mill. We put up some signs, just in case she belongs to a hunter in the area, but nobody's called to claim her.

The wife named her Mandy, but when our daughter came home, she kept dropping the D and calling her Manny. And I like Manny better than Mandy. So we concurred that Menudo would be her official dog name, but we'd call her Manny for short.


Conneaut Creek Collage




And here I'll insert a little rant about how blogger has rendered itself impotent by doing away with the happy, easy-to-use program called Hello. Now all my picture posts are going to be inserted collage-style becausthe blogger HTML editor is amateurish and the photo upload process is antagonizingly slow. How easily and quickly Hello uploaded pictures to blog. How efficiently I was once able to interface and manipulate text and images on my blog.
Now we get one-by-one photo uploading and crappily written HTML. Hello?

Here are some pics of a kayak afternoon on Coe Lake in Berea...



Big Ass Bass

These kids caught a really bigass Largemouth Bass. Already talking like seasoned fishermen,
they told me
I shoulda seen the ones they caught earlier.

Do ya think Coe Lake fish are safe to eat?

Nuptial Knuckleheads

No kayak trip would be complete without crashing a wedding and launching our kayaks.
I did give the groom a dirty look as if to say,

"What the fuck are you thinking, brother? I'll let you use my kayak if you want to row across the lake and make a quick getaway and save yourself..."

But the groom didn't catch my look and is married by now...

At first some big chump tried to tell us we couldn't launch our boats and we were like,
"Oh, cool! You rented the whole lake too?"
And then he shut the fuck up and let us launch our boats...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home