Seven Day Meat Keeper

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those with loaded guns, and those who dig... ...You dig, my friend.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monroe Township, Ohio

"...Everybody is somebody else's stupid."

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Wanker

So I've been away for awhile but only mentally and only bloggibly speaking. I mean, I am alive and think I was feeling just sappily melancholy and generally in a who the fuck cares mood. Ya know, it can bum you out a little to work for the man and have business interactions that are, for the most part, lies and manipulations. So I start on that downward spiral where you wake up in a foul mood and alas that is your comfort zone and soon enough it feels uncomfortable to feel positive about your state and you only feel OK when you feel bad. And then you bring all your pals down with you.

So that's where I was but because I control all that I see and all that I don't see, I have risen above it and determined that it's better to be with friends and celebrate than to commiserate. Right before you die, when you're laying on your deathbed or whatever, you'll probably relish even the worst memory of your life and wish you would've put your heart into every second you ever had.And I don't write that to be some know-it-all prophet wanker, but just to say enjoy your life more and be a sour jerkoff less.

So this is, in semi-sequential order, a random smattering of things that I have seen and done while not blogging for a fortnight.

BitterTed

Took Bitter Girl to Blue Point for raw gulp-ables from the sea dripped with lemon juice and dallopped with horseradish. Always a pleasure to see Ted, the Yang to Bridget's Yin or is she the Yang? Ted sells wine but the bottles he sells are bigger.Bigger bottles means better wine.

Witty banter peppered with sullen reminisces of a school career gone horribly wrong was the order of the evening. And it was nice to re-acquaint with Bitter Girl after a long hiatus.



County Fair

Took wife and daughter to the Ashtabula County Fair for a Friday night of unrivaled fun. Since everybody in the world has probably been to a county fair at some point, I'll tell you this fair was just like that one you went to. I must say that deep-fry technology has advanced to the point where virtually everything can now be served fried on a plate or stick. Never saw so many teenage girls dress like HOs in my life.


Friendly Neighbors

Our friend Hilary and her daughter Indigo came over to visit. They live two miles away and also have a farm. They don't own a TV or a washer and dryer.

One time, when my daughetr was going to sleep over at Indigo's house, I asked Indigo what they were going to do late at night. Indigo got all excited and said, "Maybe we'll stay up real late and read some extra books..."
I had to wonder how I could let my innocent child hang out with a ruffian like Indigo.

Fresh Trash

The oysters were Fresh, as was Frankie. The bar was trash.

Boy Schullo and I sat at the tapas bar and ordered up a dozen oysters. They were good and cheap but he wanted a burger, so we went to a trashy bar called Kepner's and got bar food.
All in the genteel hamlet of Hudson, Ohio.


Captain Fantasy

No story just make it up as you like...






Some pictures I took of the moon.
The moon is normally pretty mild-mannered.
I didn't tell the moon I was taking pictures
but the tripod made it pretty obvious.



So there you have it, cats. A simple peek at trying to be simple. I kind of wish I had the energy to be a blog blaster and write page after thrilling page about the state of the world and our town and the good old days and crap, but really I'm trying to take a step back and experience it more and complain about it less, cuz it is what it is and you are who you are until you aren't and you and I make it happen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home